Friday, October 26, 2012

Wind out of my sails...

I was going to call this derailed, but it's not that, not really.  It's been a really hard week.  I've continued to go to work, take care of kids, etc., but I've been really down this week.  In part, it's that time of year for me.  I tend to get very depressed in October, and the fact that it didn't hit me until now this year is actually progress.  There been a few things that have knocked me off my center, and I'm taking things way, way too hard right now.  At least I have enough insight to know that, and I'm working hard on just sitting lightly in my feelings, not hooking in too deep, not giving too much power to them.  I'm reminding myself - depression lies, all the time.  My sister was supposed to visit me next week to have a fun halloween, but due to STORMAGGEDON 2012, she most likely won't make it.  So.  I'm a bit nervous, I'm going to head to the store tomorrow to make sure we have milk, lemonade and wine, because what else really do you need to weather a storm?

One very cool thing - I've met a really neat person who's helping with me with my website for the photography.  I'm not quite ready to unveil it, but we'll get there.   I did do a bunch of picking up today, and mopped the downstairs, so I'm not just sitting on my butt being sad...that's good, I guess.

These are the times where I just get so frustrated with my brain and feel like it's just...broken.  There is no reason at all for me to feel this way, my life is wonderful and I am truly blessed.  Stupid brain.

No comments: